Monday, February 11, 2008

you make my day

Today I'm super pumped and honoured to have received a "You Make My Day" Award from lovely, lovely blogger Abbey from Abbey Goes Design Scouting!  I am quite a fan of her blog and am more than a bit flattered as she's much hipper than I could ever hope to be.
Here's how it works:
  • write a post with links to 5 blogs that make your day.
  • Acknowledge the post of the award giver.
  • Tell the award winners that they've won by commenting on their blogs.
A-Line Skirt:  She's my favourite family and keeps me happily in the loop of their Ottawan goings-ons.  All her posts are interesting to me but it's her weekend post-mortem posts that make me feel part of the family.

La Belette Rouge: Her dedication and love for all things French is to be envied not to mention her high level of sass.  Posts like Platitude Friday make me laugh...

Canadian in London:  Shannon is doing what we all wished we did when we were younger -- pack up and move to Europe.  Her posts about her weekend trips all over Europe are keeping me in full-on travel planning mode which is nothing but a good thing.

Clemantine:  Posts like Tonya's (this one particularly made me day) make me feel like I'm not alone in my obsession.  

Ill Seen, Ill Said:  Sometimes I feel like Jane feels my pain being a fellow Canadian and this post made my today for sure.  In general though, she's my link to Toronto fun and of all my fave bloggers she's only 3.5 hours away from me!!



2 comments:

La Belette Rouge said...

Tara you made my day!! You are so very-very-very kind. Thank you so much for your generous compliments. I love it when my sass is appreciated.;-)
Thanks for the link to Platitude Friday!! It was not a literary invention but it is in fact something I do. I save up all my platitudes and use them on Friday.
I am loving reading your blog and look forward to reading the other blogs that make your day.
Merci,
LBR
p.s. I LOVE the name of your blog--especially because I am fixin' to jump on my saddle and pony on over to Texas.

tara said...

Aww shucks thanks! It's actually a lyric from a Neko Case song -- since she's just my favourite ever I thought it appropriate.