Friday, February 8, 2008

Hot Bunny Radio Playlist for February 7th

CKLU 96.7 FM
6 - 8pm
* denotes Canadian talent
italics denotes a new release

Hey folks, tune in next week for the annual Hot Bunny Radio Anti- Valentine's Day show. My mother hates that I do a show like this but really, what's better on a day of love than hate songs? In the meantime, here's last night's show.
  • The Double Pumpers -- Devil's Waltz -- Do It To It *
  • Sonic Youth -- Rain on Tin -- Murray Street
  • Kimya Dawson -- Everything's Alright -- I'm Sorry That Sometimes I'm Mean
  • Thee Headcoats -- Everybody Lies -- Headcoatitude
  • Flying Burrito Brothers -- Hot Burrito #1 -- Close Up The Honky Tonks (vinyl)
  • Tijuana Bibles -- Rock n Roll Fighting -- Apartment Wrestling *
  • Blurtonia -- Same Thing Twice -- Blurtonia *
  • Sloan -- Torn -- Peppermint E.P *
  • The Dirtmitts -- Get The Minus Gone -- Get On *
  • Black Mountain --Angels -- In The Future *
  • Ryan Adams -- Desire -- Demolition
  • Lou Reed -- Keep Away -- Rock and Roll Diary 1967-1980 (vinyl)
  • Art Bergmann -- Remember Her Name -- Art Bergmann *
  • PJ Harvey -- O Stella -- Dry
  • The Kinks -- A Well Respected Man -- Juno O.S.R
  • Royal City -- Daisies -- Alone At The Microphone *
  • Jason Collett -- Papercut Hearts -- Roll on Oblivion *
  • The Apples In Stereo -- That's Something I Do -- Velocity of Sound
  • Arctic Monkeys -- Baby I'm Yours -- Leave Before the Lights Come On E.P
  • Patsy Cline -- You're Stronger Than Me -- Patsy Cline Story (vinyl)
  • Elvis Costello -- No Dancing -- My Aim Is True
  • Kate Maki - To Please -- On High *
  • Fred Eaglesmith -- Soft on my Shoulder -- Falling Stars and Broken Hearts *
  • The Inbreds -- Link -- Kombinator *
  • Hayden -- Killbear -- Brampton Indie Arts Festival Vol. 1: The Surburban Manifesto *
  • Bob Log III -- One Man Band Boom -- Log Bomb
  • Babes In Toyland -- Laredo -- Painkillers
  • Dressy Bessy -- Fare Thee Well -- Sound Go Round

Notes this week:

  • I heard Jim James from My Morning Jacket do a cover of "Hot Burrito # 1" on KCRW's "Morning Becomes Eclectic" show and it blew my mind. I emailed Nic Harcourt the host to see where I could find it and his answer was "nowhere." It was a MBE exclusive. It was a sad day for me...
  • Kimya Dawson: I love you for lyrics like this -- "Why do I always pretend I can spoon a guy and still be his friend?" Interesting bit of trivia: the end of this song has her spouting off the names of many 80's teen heartthrobs one of whom is Jason Bateman. Who knew she'd go on to score a movie of his some 6 years later?
  • "Desire": Thank you Josh and Donna for reminding me how much I love this song;
  • The Jason Collett new record love affair continues...
  • Apples In Stereo: I. Love. That. Song. Why has it been over a year since I've played it?
  • Artic Monkeys: What an outstanding cover of an old Barbara Lewis song!! Even though you're not my favourite band....
  • If you open up the Bob Log III CD you'll see boobies. Heehee....I said boobies....
  • Kate Maki CD release party this Saturday at the Little Montreal Deli!!!!!!
  • When was the last time you listened to Babes In Toyland? Remember how tough they made you feel? Painkillers isn't their best record by far but still fun.


3 comments:

kelly said...

Reading your playlist every week makes me sad. Just one more reason why I wish I still lived in Sudbury. And I had so much fun when I co-hosted with you!

I love that you played Dressy Bessy. I'm not sure I've ever told you how much I adore them, and what a huge, huge victory it is everytime I find another one of their impossible-to-find CDs.

tara said...

I'm going to try podcasting so you'll be able to listen from the big city!! I think the radio station is going to start so I'm hoping I can just piggyback off of them!! If not, I'm still going to try and set something up myself.

Anonymous said...

I think its awesome you're a dj! I just gave you a you make my day award!