Tuesday, February 19, 2008

workout confession

So as I mentioned in my Weekend Round-up post, on Monday I spent most of the day by myself. In the afternoon, I decided I was going to have a quick spell on the treadmill since I had had a pretty good workout on Sunday. As I told Marc when he got home, it all started innocently enough.   So as I'm getting off the treadmill and finishing up the last of my water etc, "Godhopping" by Dogs Die in Hot Cars comes on which has an incredibly dance-worthy chorus.  And I mean, almost impossible to resist. You almost can't NOT dance really.  So I have a little dance.  Talk about opening Pandora's box.  Soon I've set the speakers to an obscene level and am having a complete dance party.  Remember that "She's a Maniac" scene from Flashdance?  Well that was me.  I was a maniac.  I was dancing like I've never danced before.  I can't tell you how it happened but it did.  Soon after the D.D.I.H.C it was the Killers "Mr. Brightside" which is equally hard to resist.  "But she's touching his chest now, he takes off her dress now, let me goooooo..." and Tara is a dancing machine!  And so it progressed from there.  By the end of my dance party I was a disgusting sweaty disaster like I used to be after a summer night dancing my face off at the Velvet Underground in Toronto.  Needless to say, Marc had a good chuckle when he got home and found out how I spent my afternoon alone.  As a result, today every muscle in my body is aching and my calves feel like someone stretched them as far as they can go and refuses to let go, my stomach hurts everytime I laugh and my ass is killing me.  Take that jump rope!!!  A solo dance party is all you need!  News flash: I am a huge nerd.


1 comment:

Dennis said...

yeah, like we needed a newsflash for that, flash dancer!

Nice flash dance Tara!