Thursday, February 21, 2008

Hot Bunny Radio Playlist for February 21st

CKLU 96.7 FM
6-8pm
* denotes Canadian talent
italics denotes a new release

This week's show was in rememberance of one Canada's greatest songwriters who passed away last week: Willie P. Bennett. He was a consumate storyteller and a legend in the roots music world. He will be missed by us all.

  • Willie P. Bennett -- Sunset Pendulum -- Heartstrings *
  • Jolie Holland -- Moonshiner -- Springtime Can Kill You
  • Proof of Ghosts -- Summer's Wasted on the Young -- Proof of Ghosts *
  • Cowboy Junkies -- Mining For Gold -- The Trinity Session * (vinyl)
  • The Silver Hearts -- Lush Love -- No Place *
  • The Pickups -- Augusta -- Country Houses, City Streets *
  • Jenny Whiteley -- Halls of Folsom -- Hopetown *
  • Wille P. Bennett -- Last Word -- Heartstrings *
  • Bill Withers -- Ain't No Sunshine -- Best of (vinyl)
  • Old Man Luedecke -- Quiet Creek -- Hinterland *
  • Elliott Brood -- Oh, Alberta -- Tin Type *
  • Josh Rouse -- Wonderful -- Subtitulo
  • The Zombies -- She's Not There -- Best of (vinyl)
  • Jason Collett -- Charlyn, Angel of Kensington -- Here's to Being Here *
  • Jill Barber -- Two Brown Eyes -- For All Time *
  • Willie P. Bennett -- Heartstrings -- Heartstrings *
  • Wilco -- Hate It Here -- Sky Blue Sky (vinyl)
  • Novillero -- Abbey -- A Mint Harvest: Fall 2006 Sampler *
  • Cat Power -- Blue -- Jukebox
  • Cowboy Junkies -- Dreaming My Dreams With You -- The Trinity Session (vinyl) *
  • Oh Susanna -- Filled With Gold -- Short Stories *
  • Katie Moore -- My Old Dog -- Only Thing Worse *
  • Porter Wagoner -- Late Love Like Mine -- Wagonmaster
  • Waylon Jennings & Willie Nelson -- It's Not Supposed to be That Way -- Waylon & Willie
  • Ron Sexsmith -- Drifters -- Beautiful: A Tribute to Gordon Lightfoot *
  • Willie P. Bennett -- High Park Feeders -- Heartstrings *

Notes this week:

  • The Silver Hearts were one of the best shows I've seen at the Townehouse. A spaghetti western salloon band sound, tons of fun and they picked up and played out in the street on the hoods of cars at the end of their show;
  • Jenny Whiteley, it's okay that my husband has a big fat crush on you. I might too;
  • Old Man Luedecke "Quiet Creek": This is what being in love in silence sounds like. My biggest disappointment of the 2007 OCFF conference was missing his showcase;
  • Elliott Brood: You need to be as good on your records as you are live cuz live you're better than just about anyone;
  • Go and look at a picture of The Zombies and tell me every emo-band ever didn't completely steal their look;
  • Jason Collett status update: new record love affair still continuing;
  • Oh Susanna, your voice is just the clearest and loveliest thing a person can hear.

4 comments:

La Belette Rouge said...

I know that I am getting old when I hear about what artists are hot now. I have never kept up with music. I am so stuck in the 80's.

kelly said...

I want to steal Jason Collett away so he can sit in my living room and sing to me and write songs that have my name in the title. His new album = a wee bit of perfection that is going to make a fantastic summer night record. Bliss.

tara said...

Hey I'm 30 , I think I officially am old too now? ;)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for giving us, The Pickups, a play!

Martin