Thursday, February 14, 2008

meteo + premiere!!

Tonight's the night! For the past little while there's been a Francophone television series shooting here in Sudbury called Meteo +. Basically it's a Franco-Ontarian sitcom centered around the employees of a new TV weather channel. They are just starting up production on their second season and tonight is the premiere of season 1! It's airing on TFO so that's channel 7 here. I went to the premiere party last night and saw the first 2 episodes and was really blown away. It looks awesome and the opening titles are very Six Feet Under/Dexter -ish and we're all pretty pumped about it. The team behind it couldn't be nicer or lovelier and they've created about 170 jobs in the industry here so we hope they can stay for seasons 2, 3, 4, 5 , 6, 7 and forever! It airs tonight at 8pm so search it out if you can!!

3 comments:

La Belette Rouge said...

Lucky you, we don't get that in the states. Hope you write a full review!

tara said...

It was really great! We worked really closely with the production team to bring this project here so it was awesome to see it come full cicle! Plus it's always fun to see your hometown on the big screen. Too bad you can't get in on satellite or something. My French is spotty at best but everyone at the premiere party was laughing so I gather it's quite funny!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry! I was very disappointed by Meteo +. I was looking forward to it, being a francophone myself and knowing about some of the actors involved.
But really, I was expecting much more, the script was very weak and I am not sure that franco-ontarians are depicted as ''intelligent'' people in this serie, but more like naive,not too educated people.
Well, I will give it another chance, but so far, not so good.