Monday, February 4, 2008

hotels are dirty

Marc sent me this link this morning and it was just completely gross and yet not the least bit surprising. Anyone who stays in hotels should watch this report. And no, it's not the standard "they never wash the comforters" horror story we always get. This is a whole other level of gross. Personally, the first thing I do when I check into a hotel is pull off the comforter and call the front desk for extra blankets. When I'm away for a long time and staying in multiple hotels I often bring antiseptic wipes with me and wipe down the phone and the remote control and the lamps. Anal, perhaps. But in my opinion there's probably a whole other kind of anal all over the room that's much more horrifying. I also refuse maid service if I'm staying more than one night as the idea of someone in my room when I'm not there just doesn't sit right. I don't want someone moving my toiletries around with their cleaner-laden fingers and just generally being around my stuff unsupervised. How do you know they're not flipping through your magazines and rifling through your lacy underthings? You don't! After watching this report, I'll be adding my own drinking glass to the list of things to provide myself and just generally continuing to think my hotel room is covered with disease.

No comments: