Monday, February 4, 2008

weekend round-up

There's really only 2 words needed to describe this past weekend: Veg and out. Vegging out was high on our list of priorities after 2 weekends in a row of partying like teenagers. Because we're old now we need time to recover from these kinds of silly things and boy did we ever.

Friday we made Ms.Stewart's Spaghetti Squash with Herbs and watched many, many episodes of Flight of the Conchords and laughed and laughed.

Saturday we carried on with the plan for the weekend by sleeping in and I made a giant batch of buttermilk pancakes (I even heated the maple syrup) and I dove head first into finalizing the menu for my Mom's birthday party next weekend. Marc, being much keener than I am, headed down to the lake with Bailey to meet pals Ben and Fran for a skate. Personally, I think ice-skating is just the worst thing ever so I was pretty happy to be fully engrosed in list-making and recipe searching. Saturday night we watched a few episodes of Carnivale and it made me sad I didn't have anymore to watch but I liked it enough to be happy that I have 2 full seasons to catch up on.

Sunday morning we watched Stranger Than Paradise, a supremely awful Jim Jarmusch film. Originally it was meant to be a short film and man, should it ever have stayed that way. Terrible story, terrible acting and I just all around did not like it. Generally, I find Jarmusch doesn't make it easy to like him but I did really like Coffee & Cigarettes and Broken Flowers. Many loads of laundry later and a lovely visit with the folks brought us to an outstanding surprise treat of Deluxe Chicken on a Bun dinners. There really is no better way to end a weekend.

No comments: