Tuesday, February 19, 2008

interior design show

Yet another fun thing to do when I'm in Toronto this weekend??? The Toronto Interior Design Show!! Between the DWR opening and this I'm going to be design heaven. I'm sorry shoe-shopping but you just might have to take the backseat this trip. I'm pretty jazzed that this show is coinciding with my weekend in the big city as I've never been. Aside from seeing Sarah Richardson (who I secretly love and whose bags I often want to steal) there's a ton of interesting stuff I hope to see:
  • the Loyal Loot Collective girls: while I'm not over the moon with most of their clothes, I do love their industrial design. Really natural and fun, I especially love this trophy mirror. Kaili I do think you must have this in your house.

  • Palmyra Design: a small import company specializing in Morroccan lighting, dishes and other pretty things. I adore Morrocan lanterns and even though I could easily have one in every room I'd settle for my dining room, my bedroom or my entrance hallway. I love the shadows they cast and find them to be endlessly relaxing to look at.

  • Ronel Jordaan: I might try to lay down on one of her pebble carpets. Little pebbles made from sustanable felt woven together into a carpet -- I love it!

  • Propellor Design: They make amazing lights and I so hope they have some on display just so I can see them in person. I think I have a light fetish.

  • the design shows collection of Canada's 10 Innovative Canadian Designers: More just curious to see who they think is making a fuss these days.
  • Roll Out Custom Wallpaper: If you saw the Globe and Mail then you saw the story they did on these guys.  Young, hip and super creative these guys are not making your mother's wallpaper.  Now, I'm not much for wallpaper but if I could have a room done in their stuff, I might come around.  I think anyone that can make a paper as whimsical as this is okay in my books











No comments: