Monday, February 25, 2008

design within reach toronto




Yay for great new stores close to home! new Design Within Reach Toronto store was just what the doctor ordered. It feels like forever since we've looked at great furniture and it felt good. From the street I could see my George Nelson Saucer Pendant that I've been coveting and did a little schoolgirl squeal and point. The store is gorgeous but strangely carries no stock so don't go there hoping to walk out with the Eames chair you've been stalking. But still, lovely lovely things and I petted all of Kaili's favourite things including 2 Saarinen tulip tables and a stack of Louis Ghost chairs (and I took pictures). I'm still on the fence for the Nelson lamp mainly because I need proper measurements before I put it in my dining room and the nice lady we met is emailing me tons of info.  Here are the faves:

My lamp that I loooooooove (the big fat one on the right).  I love the simple shape and the warm light in throws.  I just need to make sure my dining room is big enough, which I suspect is probably is.

Petted for Kaili: the Philip Starck Louis Ghost Armchair, a Saarinen dining table and a too adorable for words Saarinen low coffee table.  Darlin, if I had an extra $1900.00 I would have bought it for you in a heartbeat!  On a sidenote, I did see a pair of Bertoia chairs in a junkshop on Queens for $300.



This line of Eames molded plywood lounge chair is pure eye-candy not to mention uber comfortable.  Note to Dennis: I also sat in this Freedom Task Chair that was the most comfortable chair ever made and for $2700 I can't see how we can't just nab a bunch for the office, you?


All in all, fun was had for sure!  It's a gorgeous store and I'll be back for sure.  Probably to buy my big fat beautiful Nelson light....









1 comment:

kaili said...

I want, nay NEED, the low tulip coffee table! LB?????