Tuesday, February 19, 2008

weekend round-up

What a weekend!!! In all seriousness, this was one of the best weekends I've had in a long while. Was it because of our fancy new "Family Day" holiday made it a long weekend? I'm sure that helped but wasn't the full reason. It was just a weekend full of lots of my favourite things and Tara was just a happy girl all around. In addition to general fun, we have 2 Slow Cooker Success Stories too!! Keep your eyes open for those posts still to come!


Friday we did some groceries and rented a pile of movies in order to hunker down during the "storm of the century" that was supposed to hit that never really did. On the menu for Friday was Eastern Promises which was just so, so good and seemed very short. Talk about a nudey patooty fight scene!!! Day O! I liked it way more than I thought I would considering I don't really think much of Naomi Watts as a rule. Eye-stabbing though? Almost proved to be too much for this lil'lady who's got some "things having to do with the eye" issues. *full body shudder* Also on the agenda, challah bread making in prep for Saturday's party dessert I was making. That's right -- homemade challah bread! Time consuming but well worth the effort! Mental note to make more bread from the ethnic bread section of my encyclopedia of baking cookbook. So good!


Saturday started off with a sassy haircut and then we hit the DeMarco's Sports closing out sale which meant shiny new snowpants for Tara.  Then......Gommfest d'Hiver/Winter Gommfest 2008!!!!!!! Everyone's favourite time of the season and easily the best part of winter. Gommfest d'Hiver warrants it's own post so more on that later. In a nutshell, we trekked out to Miss Gomm's family camp on Rock Lake for good times, amazing food, party games, snowshoeing and winter fun. There were even puppies and hot buttered rum. That's how good it was.


Sunday was the worst weather of the weekend -- freezing rain and grey skies = boo. As a result, we stayed in, did mountains of laundry, visited with the folks, wore velour, made baked pasta and spinach and watched many episodes of Big Love, which I love. I did have a pretty great workout though so I don't feel like a total loaf. What a great day.


Monday was our brand new shiny holiday! Yay for new holidays!! Marc spent most of the day doing some recording with the Jean Wells ladies so I flew solo. More laundry, a delicious new entry into the slow cooker hall of fame, a workout worthy of its own post (stay tuned) and just general flitting about the house prepping for this week. It's going to be a busy one as it's a short week for me. I'm off Friday afternoon heading down to Toronto for our Cowboy Junkies show at Massey Hall that I'm SO excited for. Work-wise we just keep getting busier and busier and add to it an office visit from our new Minister of Culture and you've got a full slate. That means that not only do I have to wear lady clothes to work tomorrow but I also have to clean my office.  Sigh.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eastern Promises Nudity & Violence was the original title in Europe

Anonymous said...

I just watched Eastern Promises! I loved it!