Wednesday, February 6, 2008

oh yeah, he's that good

Here's an interesting bit of gossip I read today that ties in nicely with my TWBB review from yesterday.


George Clooney is already conceding Best Actor Oscar victory to Daniel Day-Lewis, claiming no one has a chance against the British star. The pair are on the shortlist for the prize at this month's ceremony, alongside Viggo Mortensen for Eastern Promises, Tommy Lee Jones for In The Valley Of Elah and Johnny Depp for Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber Of Fleet Street. But Clooney has already given up hope of winning for his role in Michael Clayton - to add to his Best Supporting Academy Award for Syriana - after watching Day-Lewis in his nominated role in There Will Be Blood. He says, "If you want my honest opinion, I think it's going to be Daniel Day-Lewis. He sort of irritates all of us because he's so good. I'll tell you right now, I don't like him!"

No comments: