Sunday, January 20, 2008

weekend round-up

Well this weekend was just lovely, lovely, lovely. Thankfully it all began literally immediately after work with a 5:15 appointment at my spa with the lovely Carrie, the girl who does my eyebrows. Eyebrow waxing lovely you say? Why yes, I think so. But that's just me.  Quick trip home and then out to meet the ladies for dinner at Alexandria's.  As my Facebook status currently states, I think I've figured out the detailed chemistry that is "dinner with the ladies."  It might start out innocently -- chats about work, shoes, appetizers etc.  Then multiple bottles of Cote Du Rhone later and we're giggling, shouting, hassling the poor men at the next table, sort of eating, talking about boys and inevitably end up at a bar where it just gets worse.  I'm pretty okay with that but I'm going to stop thinking that it's just dinner and pleasantries.  It's going to end badly for Tara and I just need to accept that.  Silliness aside, we ended up at the Townehouse for a night with Cindy Doire who I've mentioned before as just kicking ass.  She's got great original material but picks great covers like James Brown's "It's a Man's World" and sings it with one of those voices that makes you want to go home and do dirty things.  After saying hello to 4am, I called it a day.
      Obviously, Saturday hurt so we didn't do too much.  To add to the loveliness of the weekend though, Marc went for groceries (and didn't make me go with him, yay!) and stopped in for a visit with Hazel at our new favourite downtown fromagerie and came home with yummy cheese, the best sundried tomatoes we've ever had and 3 lemon crepes for a snack.  Do I need to say again how happy we are to have a fromagerie downtown?  I think not.  Homemade pizza for dinner and some bad movie watching then off to bed.
    Sunday we hit an auction with my parents cuz Marc and I super love auctions.  Our preference are the highwayside auctions with farmers and strange people bidding furiously on strange things.  This one was just in a hotel by our house and it really sucked but it was fun to go anyway and hang with the folks.  Laundry and afternoon workout led to a luxuriously long shower where I did all my Sunday pampering (exfoliate with my far too expensive for everyday Guinot exfoliating creme, loofah, use my fancy lotion and all those other things I can't be bothered with during the week).  Dinner with the family where I pigged out on my mom's yorkshire pudding and then home lest we spend too much time out in this FRIGID weather.  
This week will be more of the same work craziness but luckily will end with the Banff Mountain Film Festival with my parents and Marc's first gig with his new band.  He started playing with a couple local ladies a while back and they're playing a Habitat For Humanity benefit on Saturday at the Townehouse.  I still haven't heard the fruits of their labour so I'm pretty pumped.  They're called Jean Wells and the only things I do know is that they do some fun covers (Be Good Tanyas, Neko Case and the like) and Marc will be busting out his banjo skills.  Sudbury folk be sure and come out!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is this that group that I can hear through my open windows in the summer? I'm so there! Give me a call.