Monday, January 21, 2008

I'm a junkie for the junkies


The announcement has officially been made that Ryan Adams will be joining the Cowboy Junkies on stage as one of the "special surprise guests" at their February Massey Hall show.  That is excellent news.  For those of you out of the loop, the Junkies are re-staging their famous 1988 "Trinity Session" album in all it's glory and are being joined by some of the folks that showed up on their DVD last year.  "Trinity Session" is probably in my top 5 favourite albums to listen to on vinyl.   This record does stuff to me that very few other albums do.  I think I can feel it in my bones, it's that good.  Watching them play our local summer festival under the stars a number of years ago is still one of my favourite festival memories.  Anyway, the only other person I know who feels remotely the same way about this record is  fellow Junkie lover Michael and earlier this summer he picked up tickets for his wife Brittainy and Marc and I.  The show is fast approaching and I think the announcement of Ryan Adams has officially solidified Marc's excitement too.  I would be fine just with Margot myself but if you've seen the DVD, Ryan Adams adds a whole other dimension to this outstanding audio experience.  The only thing that might send me over the moon is if they also announced Natalie Merchant will be joining them too.  This concert is also a reason to go to Toronto which is also a fun time.  Toronto in February though.....not my favourite thing.

No comments: