Monday, January 7, 2008

holiday lament

Today was my first day back at work and I found myself repeatedly saying that I felt like my head was going to explode.  Thankfully, it went by really fast as most crazy days do.  Tomorrow doesn't look like it will be much better as we have about 52 meetings throughout the day.  One of those involves the new Minister coming by our office which means going to work in full-on lady clothes.  Which I suppose after 3 weeks of loafing is not an entirely bad thing.  Spending a day in heels will probably serve well to getting my head screwed on straight again.  But I digress.  This day back has made me reflect on my favourite things about being on vacation that I thought I'd share with you.  Perhaps those of you coming off vacation can relate:
  • Being both extremely productive and extremely lazy;
  • Spending half a day at Books and Beans with Liana and Matt drinking coffee and doing crossword puzzles.  That was lovely;
  • Working out because I was good and ready; not because I had time after dinner;
  • Spending days in blankets on the couch with Marc watching season 6 of The Sopranos;
  • Getting to finally meet Sean and Leah's new baby Ethan for New Year's Eve;
  • Siposberry Christmas 2007!!!  Add me to your wishlist!!
  • Having our morning coffee with a nice lit Christmas tree and a fire in the fireplace.  Just like a little Christmas card;
  • Leisurely dinners at my parents' house that had nothing to do with the holidays;
  • Going to the movies on weekday afternoons;
  • Eating hors d'oeuvres.  A lot of them. They are so good;
  • Naps.  A lot of them.  They are also good.

.

No comments: