Sunday, January 6, 2008

Hot Bunny Radio Playlist for January 3rd

CKLU 96.7
* denotes Canadian talent
italics denotes a new release
  1. Sonic Youth -- Little Trouble Girl -- Washing Machine
  2. Billy Bragg & Wilco -- Hot Rod Hotel -- Mermaid Avenue Vol.2
  3. Velocity Girl -- Audrey's Eyes -- Copacetic
  4. Gomez -- Tijuana Lady -- Bring It On
  5. Stars of Track and Field -- With You -- Centuries Before Love and War *
  6. The Candidates -- Blow Up -- Fame, Fortune and Free Drinks *
  7. Jale -- Double Edge -- Closed *
  8. Blur -- Parklife -- Parklife
  9. Gogol Bordello -- Zina Marina -- Super Taranta
  10. Rheostatics -- Horses -- Melville *
  11. Easter Dogs -- Steve McQueen -- Easter Dogs *
  12. The Dandy Warhols -- Plan A -- Welcome To The Monkey House
  13. Two Minute Miracles -- The Bee Hill -- The Lions of Love *
  14. Reverend Horton Heat -- Rockin Dog -- Liquor In The Front
  15. Peter Bjorn and John -- Amsterdam -- Writer's Block
  16. C'Mon -- All Time High -- Bottled Lightning Of An All Time High *
  17. The Buttless Chaps -- Death Scenes I,II,III - Death Scenes I, II, III *
  18. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds -- Bring It On -- Nocturama
  19. Alun Piggins -- Catatonic Heart -- Balladesque *
  20. Johnny Cash -- If We Never Meet Again This Side Of Heaven -- Unearthed IV: My Mother's Hymn Book
  21. Wilco -- One Hundred Years From Now -- Return Of The Grievous Angel: A Tribute To Gram Parsons
  22. Morphine -- Early To Bed -- Like Swimming
  23. Sea Wolf -- Black Dirt -- Leaves In The River
  24. Neko Case -- Ghost Writing -- Blacklisted *
  25. Emiliana Torini -- Honeymoon Child -- Fisherman's Woman
  26. The Barmitzvah Brothers -- Library Page -- Let's Express Our Motives *
  27. Plumtree -- Thrilled To Be Here -- This Day Won't Last At All *
  28. Sugar -- A Good Idea -- Copper Blue
  29. The I Spies -- Talkshow -- In The Night *
Notes this week:
  • What's better than Sonic Youth? Sonic Youth with Kim Deal vocals.....
  • If only everyday was a bit like Parklife;
  • Oh Peter Bjorn and John....Amsterdam really is just pop perfection;
  • Happy Birthday Sean - here's some Nick Cave;
  • Liquor In The Front.......teeheeteehee....
  • If I could snap my fingers and magically reunite a Canadian band from my youth it would be Plumtree, hands down.  I only got to see them once in the late 90's at the Townehouse with about 5 other people.  They played with a giant stuffed pig that belonged to uber-character local musician Johnny Sizzle.  What a great show.

2 comments:

kelly said...

"If I could snap my fingers and magically reunite a Canadian band from my youth it would be Plumtree, hands down."

This is why I love you so - I agree 800%. That show they did with the Salteens was one of my favourite shows ever.

Also, have you heard Bontempi? Lynette and Carla Gillis play in that band and a friend recommended them to me but I have yet to hear them.

tara said...

I know!!!!! Seriously...not much better than that.

I haven't heard them at all but I'll so look them up.