Friday, January 11, 2008

there's no place like home

The following video really is worth committing to a 20 minute sit-down -- it's that excellent. Lisa sent Marc and I this old promotional video of Sudbury from the 70's and I can't get enough of it. It's very much in the style of those "My Body and Me" filmstrips I had to watch in elementary school (yes, I said filmstrips) -- all grainy and kitschy. I'm a Sudbury girl and although this isn't the Sudbury of today, it is a bit of the Sudbury of my youth. Thankfully things were on the upswing when I started coming of age but this would have been the Sudbury that my parents got full on. Who knows if they ever got offered a cigar in the old Holiday Inn restaurant though. Anyway, here's part one and you can access the other 4 from the right side bar menu.


No comments: