Wednesday, January 30, 2008

still hangin' tough?

According to the New Kids on the Block website, there appears to be a big comeback in the works. The homepage of their website is currently featuring a supremely corny video reminiscent of an Oscar tribute reel with phrases like "5 kids rose up from the Boston street" and various slow-motion shots of teenage girls and sweet 80's dance moves. Towards the end of the video you hear what you can only assume is the beginning to a new NKOTB track and something to the effect of "Are you ready?" Personally, I don't think I'm really ready. Of course, like any other self-respecting woman my age, I most certainly did my share of swooning over these boys with the t-shirts and the buttons and the "who's your favourite New Kid" arguments with my friends. But a comeback? I don't know if these guys have the chops for it -- they're too squeaky clean. Who knows though? Maybe the kids of today will eat it up. Joey is still my favourite and I won't tell you what I was doing on the NKOTB website in the first place...

No comments: