Wednesday, January 9, 2008

slow cooker success #1

Tonight was the trial run of our new slow cooker that Santa brought and I gotta say, food aside, I'm completely a slow cooker lover in every way!  First off, coming home and unlocking the door to a house oozing with delicious cooking smells is almost the best thing in the world.  Especially when you barely had to do anything!  Dinner is ready as if prepared by magic house elves a la Harry Potter.  Tonight's trial was chicken enchiladas that were so incredibly delicious and tender I want to eat them every day.   And they were dead simple!!  AND healthy to boot! All we had to do was make a bit of lemon rice for the side, dig out some flatbreads and after a little bit of how's your father we sat down to a really out of this world meal. And despite that little voice in the back of my head that was concerned the house was burning down while I was at work, apparently that doesn't happen. The plan is to use it once a week and build up a small recipe collection at first -- things that we can master easily with things we usually have in the house and then move on from there. My name is Tara and I might marry my slow cooker.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always new you'd push Marco aside for the right "match".

kaili said...

You've gotta share your slow cooker recipes! Grandma bought me one seven years ago, and I've used it oh maybe 7 times - HELP!!!!