Tuesday, January 22, 2008

the united states of tara

So today I discovered that Showtime is producing a new half an hour single camera comedy series called "The United States of Tara." That's fun news for someone like me. Toni Collette is set to star and the outline states that Tara is a wife and mother of two children, who happens to have multiple personality disorder, two of her identities being a lustful teen girl and a macho adult man. It's being written by Diablo Cody, the woman behind Juno and is being produced by Steven Spielberg's Dream Works. Supposedly very "Weeds-esque" which hopefully is a good thing. I fancy Toni Collette quite a bit....if only I got Showtime.

1 comment:

kaili said...

I would like to protest that this is yet another thing to add to my list of injustices that exist when your name is KAILI. No one ever names a show after you, let alone a personalized hairbrush at Zellers in grade four. Mine said "Looking Good". What I wouldn't have given to be named Jennifer that day!