Tuesday, January 29, 2008

baked chicken fingers and winter chopped salad

Tonight for dinner we made this recipe from the lovely collection over at 24 Boxes.  I can't get over how delicious it was.  I know what you're thinking, baked chicken fingers?  How delicious can they be?  I was thinking the same thing and was frankly more interested in the salad until I tasted them.  Marc is Italian so we've breaded a lot of chicken in our day but this really was different.  The breading is done with a bit of buttermilk and tabasco sauce and talk about finally bringing breaded chicken to life!  Even more astounding was the accompanying salad!  Anytime we get asked to contribute salad to a potluck or something I think this might be it.  Goat cheese, dried cranberries, nuts (we used hazelnuts instead of pecans), apples, avocado oil.....it was like a party in my mouth.  If you want a great light supper be sure and check out her recipe.  We opted not to include the chicken in the salad as well because we were using it as a side-dish but we'll totally re-visit this as a "meal" salad in the summer for sure.  

No comments: