Sunday, October 21, 2007

Weekend roundup

Alright so I wish I had some super exciting kickass news to share about how I spent my weekend but I was a tad under the weather this week, resulting in a fairly subtle weekend of activities. So since I spent Wednesday and Thursday at home sick, Friday was a fairly low-key night. We watched the first 4 episodes from season one of "Dexter" on the recommendation of Brittainy and Jocelyne and I gotta say, what a stellar show that is. It's smart, well written, thrilling, interesting and seriously F-ed up. Like seriously. It's the weirdest show I've seen in a while and I'm so down with that. We wished we had more episodes to watch. I loved him in Six Feet Under and am thrilled to see he went on to things of equal greatness. Dexter = awesome.
Saturday was spent doing a whole lot of nothing. I slept in a whole bunch which helped me to feel like I could finally see the light at the end of the sickness tunnel. We watched many Jaws movies cuz they all were on TV and Marc had never seen the sequels. I know, how is that possible you say? I'm not sure but we can consider that remedied. Then we watched the movie we rented that we thought was Bobby starring William H Macy but which turned out to be Bobby Z starring Paul Walker and Laurence Fishburne -- a decidedly worse movie. Note to Blockbuster -- don't stock your Bobby Z movies in a big pile behind the case for the movie Bobby. It results in sad customers. It was one of the worst movies I've ever seen and I'll never get those 2 hours back.
Sunday was spent hitting up the sales spotted in the Friday newspaper flyers and watching Marc seal up our backyard wedding arbour for the winter. Good job Marco! Hung out with the parentals and scored a sweet silk table runner that was bought and then disliked by Ma and Pa. Yay us! We then proceeded on to do some batch cooking with Dan and Lisa that rapidly turned into a Sunday drunk. On the menu, our famous pumpkin turkey chili and Dan and Lisa's turkey meatballs in a marinara carrot sauce. Also on the menu -- yummy Belgian beer, a bottle of Prosecco and a bottle of Shiraz. Result - me being drunk early on a Sunday evening. What fun times were had though. We finally scored some brownie points with Dan and Lisa's kids, Ava and Sammie and I think I officially rule. At least with Ava anyway. There was a lot of high-fiving going on and then there was some hardcore diaper-no-pants time which seemed like a heck of a lot of fun too. I wish I could have shared in that action. Oh to be 2 years old again....
Tonight the plan is to check out the Wooden Stars and Wintersleep at the Townehouse even though I saw Wintersleep at the Hillside Festival last year and they kinda blew. But the Wooden Stars rock and a little birdy told me they're going on 1) early and 2) first. All good news for Tara and her mental state Monday morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kelly said...

I feel bad for being the one who dragged you guys to see Wintersleep at Hillside, but I had it on good authority that they were great - which, I agree, they were not. Apparently they're not usually as jam-band-y as they were that night. Maybe they were just catering to all the dirty stoned hippies?

In any event, the show is over now so I hope it was good.