Friday, October 12, 2007

OCFF-ing like a good girl...

So I'll apologize now for my sporadic blogging for the next few days -- I'm currently in London for the Ontario Council of Folk Festivals annual conference. I'm up to my eyeballs in folk music!! Yikes! But it should be fun. It goes all weeekend and tonight we're putting on a showcase of Northern Ontario music (Nathan Lawr, Ox and Cindy Doire) so we're pretty pumped. We Northerners always get a good response at this thing so it's great to show off some of our artists and hopefully score them some festival gigs and just even some general notice. Tonight I'm going to try and catch the Apostle of Hustle showcase cuz I'm a fan and it should be fun. I think Nathan Wiley is showcasing tomorrow so I'll have to check that out also. Danny Michel is also kicking around this conference and was dangerously close to me on many occasions tonight. But don't worry, I didn't do anything to embarrass myself. I'll save that for Tuesday when he stops by our office -- we're hosting a session for SOCAN and he's one of the panelists. The Danny! Right in my office!! Be still my heart. I'll try to behave.

Anyway, I'm off to be a good little schmoozer and try to stay 1) awake until the wee hours 2) more or less sober so I can be fresh faced at the AGM breakfast tomorrow morning. Wish me luck. I don't expect to succeed at either of those tasks!

1 comment:

Dennis said...

We know now you didn't make it to the AGM! Which got canceled!