Wednesday, October 3, 2007

ANTM Prep

Alright so we ramped right up into ANTM last week after it snuck up on us unannounced. Before seeing an actual episode I visited the website and randomly picked Kimberly as the winner based solely on the one awful picture of her. As I said, she seems to have that street kid waif fashionista look about her. After one viewing, I can still say she's high on my list despite being one of the dimmer girls in the lineup. Of course, there is the requisite overly confident/bitchy girl in Ebony -- what can you say? I don't think it would be ANTM without one. I think there's a staffer whose main job is to find "that girl" and cast her. What can you do? Attitude aside, she's undeniably gorgeous. Underdog favourite has to be Heather. Poor thing has some condition which the other girls kept ignorantly referring to "Ass-burger" disease which only made me side with Heather even more. Sure she's awkward and a bit strange but the girl is GGGOR-GEOUS with 3 G's and totally stole the photo shoot from her snooty partner whatshername. Yay Heather! You take your weirdness and run with it! I also loved Tyra's laying down of the law with her "This cycle is a no smoking cycle" *da da da* So ominous Tyra, such dramatic delivery - well done. I secretly love how Tyra gets crazier every cycle. I keep waiting for her to show up for panel in a chicken suit saying "Sometimes in modelling you have to learn how to be comfortable and yet still fierce....in a chicken suit." God bless her...

So tonight we shall see what happens and who goes home. Although it would be hard to top Mila's departing comments last week "Well, I was really thinking I would win so being eliminated is really quite shocking to me." Oh Mila, you keep that Bambi-fied face of yours up. One day your hair will flip just right and you'll forget all about ANTM....

No comments: