Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Blog Action Day...

...and yeah I totally forgot even though my intentions were to completely be in the zone and on board with all the environmental do-gooders. Here's the deal: on October 15th the idea was that everyone would blog on the same topic hence resulting in mass awareness on some important environmental issues. Great idea and I forgot. So, in light of my forgetfulness and resulting lack of being included in the group of do-gooders that did blog I feel it's wrong for me to step up and start spouting all I do to intensify my greenitude. Instead I feel the need to fess up. Everyone is so quick to point out their own attempts to conserve and how they're so green and how they separate the plys of their toilet paper to make it last longer and create less waste etc etc. I know because I do it too. So do you. Everyone does. It's human nature to want to point out the ways that you're better than other people. Instead I've decided to make some environmental confessions. Yes, Marc and I probably do more to conserve etc than a lot of people out there but you know what? Sometimes I lose my way in the deep darkness of energy usuage. Here is my un-green confession:

My name is Tara and I take very long and very hot showers on the weekends.


Perhaps we should all take this moment to point out our environmental flaws instead of rubbing each others faces in our own greenitude.

No comments: