Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Guilty pleasures -- show your face!

So my cousin Kaili has planted a bug in my brain and I'm going to be brave and jump in too. She tells me the newest rage in fun blogging is the Ipod shuffle reveal (Clemantine and Ali are all over it too). Set it on shuffle and you have to post the first 10 songs it plays and the honour system says you have to fess up to the Kelly Clarkson track you keep hidden on your player should it reveal itself. No cheating trying to up your cool factor!! She tells me of battles they're having in Ottawa now where 2 teams set up their Ipods and go back and forth in a fightfor ultimate hipness. I'm so in! Wish me luck!

  1. Do Right In Your Eyes -- Grandpaboy -- from Dead Man Shake
  2. World on Fire -- Tanya Donnelly -- from This Hungry Life
  3. Connecting Flights -- Rheostatics -- from The Blue Hysteria
  4. Stolen Car -- Rheostatics -- from Double Live (Disc 2)
  5. Atom In My Heart -- Frank Black -- from Honeycomb
  6. Don't Use My Broken Heart -- Leona Naess -- from Leona Naess
  7. Watching the Wheels -- John Lennon -- from The John Lennon Collection
  8. Justice -- The Constantines -- from The Constantines
  9. Annie's Song -- Me First & the Gimme Gimmies -- from Love Their Country
  10. Better Off Without A Wife -- Tom Waits -- from Nighthawks at the Diner

What a relief -- 7554 songs and no duds to embarrass me! And believe me, I'm sure there are some hiding on there somewhere. I certainly don't deny my love of Cheap Trick and am routinely mocked for it. What fun! This is a game I could play all day!

1 comment:

kelly said...

I also like to play a little something we call iBall. Same general idea - you put your iPod on shuffle, and no skipping songs to cheat. But in the Magic 8 Ball tradition, you use the song names to answer the following questions (followed by comments as appropriate):

How does the world see me?
Will I have a happy life?
What do my friends really think of me?
Do people secretly lust after me?
How can I make myself happy?
What should I do with my life?
Why should life be full of so much pain?
How can I maximize my pleasure during sex?
Will I ever have children?
Will I die happy?
What is some good advice for me?
What is happiness?
What is my favourite fetish?
How will I be remembered?

Addictive and often amusingly nonsensical. I highly recommend it.