Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Weekend roundup

So Thankgiving is officially over and that equals a sad Tara. I love turkey, fall, paper pilgrims in little hats -- all of it. That being said, I have certainly had better Thanksgivings as I spent most of this one feeling crappy. Sickness during the holidays is truly one of life's cruel jokes. Sickness aside, I still managed to scarf down my weight in turkey and see some friends before I really accepted the fact that there was something on the horizon of sick.

Friday started on a sad note as we went to a wake for a friend's grandfather who passed. It's still always nice to see them but too bad it was under such unfortunate circumstances. Best thoughts to their family.
Friday evening we had the exteme grown-up pleasure of getting a brand new Miele vacuum. I'm stoked! This vacuum does things I didn't even know vacuum's did! And I dig that! And I'm okay about digging that! It was a belated wedding present from my parents and I can't wait to use it. It's tiny, egonomic, light and a lovely pearly white shade and I can almost trick myself into believing it's an Apple vacuum. One that maybe does my cleaning, makes me dinner while downloading all my favourite music and then turns into a foot massager. Here's a picture of it cuz I'm such a proud mom.

Saturday was day one of turkey deliciousness at my folks place with my brother and sister-in-law and all 4 of their adorable girls. The highlight of the night had to be watching my youngest neice Melissa show off her new clapping skills. I think that has to be one of my favourite baby stages. It's always cute and is almost always accompanied by a big baby smile and sometimes a "yaaaaaayyy." So adorable...I wish my camera battery hadn't been dead. Saturday night I stayed in and Marc ventured out into the night to visit pals. I had my suspicions that all was not right with my immune system and so opted to hide out.
Sunday morning we met pals Ben and his Aussie girlfriend Fran for breakfast at Gloria's, Sudbury's ultimate greasyspoon breakfast joint. Fran brought along her visiting Aussie friend Christine and the 3 of us spent much of breakfast discussing why we all loved Rome. Ahhh the memories.... Anyway, Christine was lovely and is just coming off a contract with TIFF (Toronto International Film Festival) and therefore had some juicy celebrity gossip stories to share. French toast and celebrity gossip....what a way to start a day. Then off to another turkey dinner, this time for my grandpa.
Monday was continued turkeyness at Marc's mom's place. So much turkey, so little time. Foodwise it was an excellent weekend but weatherwise it could not have been worse. It rained and was cold every day so there was no fun outdoor activities to be had at all. Poor Bailey had to deal with short walks inbetween downpours and showers. Not to mention finally getting sick moreorless tied me to the house.

Here's a tally of the weekend:
3 = number of turkey dinners eaten
3 = number of movies watched
2 = number of naps
2 = missed social outings due to sickness
4 = number of times a storm woke me up in the middle of the night
3 = pieces of pumpkin pie consumed
1 = trips to the pharmacy for vitamins etc
2 = shots of liqueur sipped "for my throat"
12 = number of times my niece Emily won at a made-up game I never quite understood.

Long live Thanksgiving!

No comments: