Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Heroes schmeroes...

Alright Heroes, I'm trying real hard to be on your side this season but you're making it really hard. Remember last season when every episode kicked ass? Did you fire your whole writing staff or something? Not to mention your special effects crew? Last night's episode was, I think, the worst one this season so far. The scene were whatshisname picks up cheerleader girl and carries her up into the sky? I don't even know how to do special effects and I think I could have done a better job. It seriously looked right out of Superman circa 1978. Was that the point? I don't know. And Peter Petrelli -- one minute you're ready to kill yourself some Irishmen and then 5 minutes later you're getting a tattoo of the family crest on your arm??? Give me a freaking break -- you barely speak to the brother you have and he never tried to kill you! And as for you Irish lassie -- that is the worst Irish accent I've ever heard. Good thing you have those tattoing skills to fall back on?!?! I am happy to see Silar finally -- he's far too dreamy to not be on the show every episode. And of course that illusionist girl turns out to be fat in reality. Of course! There's no way she could just be a normal girl -- let's say she's fat in real life and feels she has to take on this hot redhead form for Silar to get better. Is that really what you topnotch writers put together? I don't know man. Oh and that brother and sister trying to get to the U.S??? You clearly don't really need writers for them cuz all their dialogue consists of this: "Alejandro! ALEJANDRO!!!!!!! We need to get to the doctor in the U.S! Alejandro!!!" Riveting. I get that it's kind of like Arcade Fire making their next record after "Funeral" -- how do you top it right? I get it, I really do. But dudes you better find something good and stick to it pretty soon cuz all you're doing is making me sad the first season is over. I'm not abandoning hope yet by any means but I just want it to get a lot better really fast. And someone grab Hayden Panetierrre's head and give it a little tug upwards. I know that girl's gotta have more neck in there somewhere....

1 comment:

kelly said...

This season is definitely off to a slow start, but I seem to keep giving it the benefit of the doubt. There were things about this week's episode that made me see the light at the end of the tunnel (namely, yes, the re-appearance of Sylar), but I made the exact same comment to Steve about the flying - complete with cheesy music! Awful. And I really just want to punch that new creepy flying kid in the face.

Also, the Hiro storyline is terrible. They need to end it now.

And I don't understand how, on a show that showcases such a wide array of ethnicities and subtitled languages (Japanese! French! Spanish!), they manage to hire actors with the worst Irish accents in the history of time.

OK, that was excessively long, sorry. I am obviously quite passionate about this issue.