Sunday, April 20, 2008

weekend round up

Thanks to the beautiful weather this weekend, we spent a good chunk of our time "manicuring the estate" as my father would say.  We managed to dig out way to the bottom of the huge sand pile on our lawn (thanks for nothing Mr. Snowplow) and get all our shrubs uncovered, leaves raked, ugliness removed etc.  Thankfully, all of the shrubs we planted last year for the wedding seemed to have survived the winter quite well and underneath the 2 feet of leaves tons of my flowers are already sprouting.  Gotta love spring when it starts out in your favour!

After all the yard silliness, we packed up Bailey and my parents and headed downtown for lunch and Earth Day festivities at the Farmers Market. AND I got to bust out my new Kate Spade sneakers.  Not earth-friendly I'm afraid and a blatant example of rash consumerism but red and sassy all the same! Let's also take a moment to appreciate the wonderfulness of Liana B, pal and proprietor of Books and Beans downtown.  At 25 minutes to closing, she was kind enough to make all 4 of us a mess of sandwiches even though all she wanted to do was go home.  Things like that are what make us all love Liana.  Add to that she's super funny, sassy as all get out, loves our dog and is one of those rare lovely people and that leaves you with no reason not to love her.  Plus she likes to gossip just like me and in my books, that's a personality plus.  Please don't make a habit of ravenously descending on her minutes before closing though -- I feel bad enough. Blurg.  

 Saturday also meant the inaugural Siposberry campfire of the season!  Yay!  Thanks to the Siposberry's for their hospitality and giving us all a reason to sit outside under the stars in the middle of the city.  Hopefully it's the first of many this summer!

Sunday I had the workout of the century and as a result I expect to ache head to toe tomorrow.  Getting in shape is for sissies I say.  Ow.  Ow. Ow. I hurt in places I didn't even know I had.  I drowned my sorrows in new birdfeeders for the yard.  Does anyone else have a similar problem with birdfeeders?  I find myself always wanting to buy a new one when I see them.  Marc is probably more than tired of hearing me say "Come and see the birds at the feeder!  They're eating!  At the new feeder!  Look how cute!"

Yup, I'm that person now I guess....

No comments: