Thursday, April 24, 2008

more hillside gossip...

Here's some more performer listings for Hillside as they slowly start trickling out into the worldwide web:


I'll keep you posted as they are released. Hayden was there our very first Hillside -- how nostalgic. Strange ticket info: the redeeming of holiday gift certificates that, when I called them in November, the office told me they weren't doing this year. Funny how that happens. Not to mention the pre-selling of Early Bird Passes in person only -- what's up with that?? God help us all if we don't get tickets this year. We'll have one sad T-Bone on our hands.

5 comments:

kaili said...

I'm so not calling you TBone!

kelly said...

I was trying to figure out who T-Bone even WAS, so thanks for clearing that up, Kaili!

I wish I could get excited about this lineup so far, but I just can't. Same with the lineup for Ottawa Bluesfest (Steely Dan? 3 Days Grace? Seriously??)

So far this summer, I'm most (only?) excited about the Sadies w/John Doe at NLFB!!

Sigh.

kelly said...

I was trying to figure out who T-Bone even WAS, so thanks for clearing that up, Kaili!

I wish I could get excited about this lineup so far, but I just can't. Same with the lineup for Ottawa Bluesfest (Steely Dan? 3 Days Grace? Seriously??)

So far this summer, I'm most (only?) excited about the Sadies w/John Doe at NLFB!!

Sigh.

tara said...

well you would be in the minority then -- it's a work nickname that has started about a minute after I started working here.

I'm more excited about this lineup than last year's. I've never seen the Vinyl Cafe show live so I'm actually pretty pumped about that for a summer morning. And I do really love Hayden even though he sneered at me on 2 separate occasions.

Anonymous said...

Too bad about the ticket mixup.

I've found that the Hillside volunteers aren't the best-informed. The first year they moved the wristband booth up to the parking lot, I complained about the lack of notice of the change to the young woman who gave me my wristband, and she said that the wristband booth had ALWAYS been in the parking lot. How do you respond to such dedicated cluelessness, especially from a Hillside newbie?

I'm not thrilled with the lineup yet (my wife is though), but there's a lot of time left. See all of you in line for tix tomorrow morning!

- burning bush