Monday, April 14, 2008

healthier tara = good update

Into week 3 we go and our hopes are high! This morning I triumphantly slid into a pair of jeans that used to require an exhausting amount of effort to button. Yay! And that's even after a weekend of semi-cheating! I'm pretty pumped. A while back I had a trainer at the gym who used to insist I never use the scale in the gym changeroom because the true measure of weightloss is not, in fact, shedding pounds but shedding inches. You can gain weight but lose inches and it's far too easily for a woman to become a slave to the scale. I don't own a scale and I never want to so I've been guaging my success by trying on pants that I previously couldn't fit into. Imagine my glee when my jeans slid on effortlessly without the help of a team of dressers! To treat myself, I bought these cuter than cute Kate Spade Hayley sneakers in the hopes that come summer I can wear them with new cuter than cute outfit (hopefully in a smaller size!).
To celebrate I plan on eating an entire bag of Sunchips all by myself.

Just kidding....

3 comments:

La Belette Rouge said...

Congratulations to you and you well desereve the shoe reward. Just FYI: I have made batch two of your salad.

tara said...

I've had some other salads lately that have been pretty out of this world. One was a roasted corn salad that kicked butt, last night was a tomato zucchini salad -- really simple but really yummy. I'll have to post those recipes too.

kaili said...

Hurrah for you! I love love love the sneaks - excellent choice my dear and well deserved reward!