Monday, April 7, 2008

weekend round-up

Such glorious weather this weekend! Finally! I was thinking that it's time to dryclean all my heavy duty winter coats but last year I think I jinxed everything by doing that and caused a big spring snowstorm. Maybe this year I'll wait until the middle of June before I try that again.

Friday Marc and I had the pleasure of seeing the fruits of our friend Anita's labour -- her final project in her Bachelor of Fine Arts degree. She wrote a play called "All My Friends Are Superheroes," cast a bunch of people we know and it was great -- yay Anita!! I haven't seen theatre produced by a friend in years and it was great to be back in the vibe. Also, watching friends onstage just makes me miss it so much. I did a ton of theatre in high school and university and I always secretly wish I had time to get onstage again. Anyway, buckets of congrats to Anita for all of her hard work and for writing such a touching piece of theatre. The star of the show, of Friday and maybe of everything was our friend Matt. Not only does he make me laugh every morning when I get my coffee, he's also clearly the greatest theatre actor ever to tread the boards. Charlton Heston died this weekend and I didn't even notice -- after seeing Matt onstage, Charlton is dead to me. Dead! He sings, acts, dances, plays the guitar and on more than one occasion I've seen him rescue not one, but two baskets of puppies from a burning building filled with orphans. They say that Matt McLean's tears can cure cancer, only Matt McLean has never cried. He also says I never write about him in my blog. This should fix that.

Post play we ended up at the Buddha for drinks and the Townehouse for post-play silliness. Quel surprise.


Saturday was more glorious weather and buckets of errand running. We headed out again in the evening to catch our friend Vince's audition for our summer festival, the Northern Lights Festival Boreal (Canada's longest running music festival). He's playing with some new folks doing an upright bass, banjo, mandolin, guitar kind of thing that is pretty great. Calling themselves "Three Penny Opus." It was great to see him even if it was only for 2 seconds. Marc and I managed to grab a quick drink just the two of us, which almost never happens and was kinda nice. Chilled out for the rest of the night and watched SNL hosted by Christopher Walken. Holy. Craptown. It was so funny. Usually, SNL is funny for a couple of skits with the Weekend Update being the highlight. This time it was the total opposite -- every skit had me peeing my pants and the W.U was the lamest part of the show. Beyond hilarious and I highly suggest YouTube-ing as much as you can get your hands on. The fave for me had to be the re-doing of the "Grease" lyrics by the highschool drama teacher cuz the old ones are inappropriate:

"Go Gene Rayburn, you're burning up the quarter mile
Gene Rayburn, go, Gene Rayburn!
Hubba hubba hubba hubba hubba hubba hubba Fleeeeeeeeem.
With new pistons, plugs and shocks....Flocks, flocks, flocks!
You know that I'm not braggin' Have you ever seen a dragon?
Gene Rayburn!"

Sunday, was various home improvement activities that involved me watching Marc, my father and my brother stare up at the ceiling fan questionably. So I left for awhile as clearly I could be much help. Prep for week 2 of the "Healthier Tara = Good" plan and that's about it.

Best part of the weekend was busting out my new cowboy boots for the first time on Saturday night. Sweet cowboy boot action.....


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I get much in your theme really. thank your very much i will come every day! wedding gowns pumps christian louboutin.