Tuesday, April 1, 2008

holy food batman


I know I said I wouldn't blog every day about Healthier Tara = Good but I'm so blown away by the dinner I had tonight I must share.  Check out what was on the menu for tonight -- a top sirloin steak, grilled peppers and zucchini and a mountain of amazing Moroccan Chickpea Salad!  It was a ton of food! So much for going without!  Seriously, the salad was so good I'm posting the recipe.  This in the summer would be heaven on a plate.

Moroccan Chickpea Salad

1 15 oz can chickpeas
1 cucumber, diced
1 yellow or red bell pepper, diced
1 10 oz container cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup red onion, diced
2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
1 3/4 tsp cumin

Dressing
1/4 cup shallots, diced
1/3 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper

Prepare salad and dressing in separate bowls, then pour over salad and pig out.

6 comments:

La Belette Rouge said...

I am adding those ingredients to my shopping list so I can make that tomorrow. That sounds so good. And, that is not Healthy Weasel talking--that is the hungry weasel. Yummy!

tara said...

It also said you could add 2 tbsp of capers which I hate so I left out. It was beyond delicious and completely worthy of your enviably warm climate!!

La Belette Rouge said...

I am a huge fan of the humble caper berry. I will add it to your delicious salad.

La Belette Rouge said...

I just made the salad. I am letting it marinate for dinner tonight. 1/4 cup of shallots seems like a lot. Is that right?
Will let you know how it goes. But, it looks very yummy!!

Cyberpenguin said...

MMMMmmmmm. This looks SO good.

I'm definitely going to mention your blog on my foodie site (http://cookingwithcorey.blogspot.com) & am also going to add you to my JCrewaholics (http://jcrewaholics.blogspot.com) blogroll.

LOVE your blog & have subscribed. You've got a great writer's voice. It's highly entertaining & interesting, & your commentary is right on the money.

Can't wait to read more!

Cyberpenguin said...

OK, just added the link to your blog on my blogroll & have posted about your recipes on my foodie blog. Hope you enjoy my tributes to your wonderful blog! 8-)