Friday, April 25, 2008

dear birthday fairy take 5...



...a shiny Vespa. There isn't a word for how happy I would be on a shiny new Vespa. I have wanted one of these since I was old enough to know what a Vespa was. Seeing them in the millions on the streets of Rome succeeded in making that desire exponentially stronger. Undeniably stylish factor aside, our car leaves our driveway usually once during the week and a couple of times on the weekend. If we had a Vespa, our car could pretty much go away for the whole summer with the exception of long distance trips, grocery shopping and taking Bailey somewhere. AND I'd look awfully cute zipping around the city on my snappy Vespa -- like a woman on the way to someplace ultra-fun. I know there's tons of scooters out there now but come on, a Vespa is a Vespa and nothing else has that same look or feel.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE this -- my husband really really really wants one!

Design Scouting said...

PS if you have time when you're in NYC let's get coffee! You can email me at gogoabigail @ gmail dot com.

Urban Flea said...

I LOVE your blog! I've added you to my links, and would be forever indebted to you if you did the same for my site! In the meantime, cheers, and keep spreading the Urban Flea gospel!
xo Katherine aka. Urban Flea :)

tara said...

About 6 years ago a friend and I were seriously considering buying one together. That was the closest I've ever got to getting one but with gas prices as they are and since we already use our car so little -- you never know what the future will bring :)

Coffee in NYC would be stellar -- I'll email for sure.