Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Hot Bunny Radio Playlist for April 24th

CKLU 96.7 FM
* denotes Canadian talent
italics denotes a new release

  • Wyckham Porteous -- Deep Into The Water -- 3 AM *
  • Calexico -- Deep Down -- Garden of Ruin
  • REM -- Mr. Richards -- Accelerate
  • Brent Randall & His Pinecones -- This Absence of Mine -- Strange Love (single) *
  • Broken Social Scene -- Hotel -- Broken Social Scene *
  • Ox -- Promised Land -- Dust Bowl Revival *
  • Kris Demeanor & His Crack Band -- I'm Not That Kind -- Party All Night: Live at Ironwood *
  • The Flaming Lips -- It's Summertime -- Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots
  • The Kooks -- Stormy Weather -- Konk
  • Guided By Voices -- Dirty Water -- Earthquake Glue
  • Joan Jett & The Blackhearts -- Crimson & Clover -- I Love Rock n'Roll (vinyl)
  • Plants & Animals -- Mercy -- Parc Avenue *
  • Teenage Head with Marky Ramone -- Picture My Face -- Teenage Head with Marky Ramone *
  • Constantines -- Time Can Be Overcome -- Kensington Heights *
  • Willie Nelson -- September Song -- Stardust (vinyl)
  • Nick Drake -- Fruit Tree -- Five Leaves Left
  • The Priddle Concern -- Faucet Dripping -- The Priddle Concern *
  • Cuff the Duke -- Blackheart -- Life Stories For Minimum Wage *
  • Loose Fur -- Hey Chicken -- Born Again in the USA
  • The Kinks -- Something Better Beginning -- Kinda Kinks
  • Ghost Bees -- Tasseomancy -- Tasseomancy *

Notes this week:

  • "Time Can Be Overcome" is 5 minutes and 44 seconds of perfection;
  • All CD copies of Stardust should be destroyed, leaving only the vinyl in existence;
  • How good is the new Teenage Head record you ask? So good I actually added a PS about it in a work email I was writing to the label head. That's how good. He assured me that they are just as good live now as they ever were. News like that makes me really happy;
  • Joan Jett's cover of "Crimson & Clover" also makes me really happy. Still;
  • Ah The Kinks. For some reason their "kickassitude" has been the subject of 3 separate conversations in the last 3 weeks. There has been great discussion about how they should have been The Rolling Stones if only they could have caught a break/got their shit together. Talk about the British invasion. I also readily admit that although "Come Dancing" is their standout cheesy 80's hit for the mainstream -- I still think it's a kick ass song and shouldn't be given such a hard time. If you can't have a dance party to that song than I question your ability to recognize good music.

2 comments:

kaili said...

Lb officially decided this week that the Kinks are his all-time favourite band because they stand the test of time. I picked the Weakerthans. OF COURSE.

tara said...

Whoa...those are big words. I can't even begin to wrap my head around that kind of statement! Thinking about it for even 10 seconds is giving me heart palpitations...
Good on LB for being able to commit...