Tuesday, March 11, 2008

weekend round-up

My weekend round-up posts keep getting later and later this month! I can't help it though as it feels like this whole month is turning into a bit of a blur!!

Friday was the night o'parties as we headed out for birthday parties for both my niece Elizabeth and our friend Dan. At party #1, I got my butt kicked by an 8 year old at Connect Four. At party #2, we were a bit more grown up and only watched the gang shotgun beer instead of participating. Happy Birthday Dan-o-mite!!!!!!!!! Thanks to Lisa for a great half-surprise party!! Sorry we had to duck out early!

Saturday I got sick with a capital S and therefore spend the day loafing about feeling sorry for myself and pumping myself so full of vitamins I could hardly see. I did manage to make my spa appointment for some girly pampering but that used up the only bit of energy I had. Oh the joys of being sick...

Sunday got me in full-on SXSW prep mode, making sure all my clothes were clean and picking up some last minute travel items. I'm famous for packing last minute so rest assured that no pre-emptive packing was done. That all happened last night. We did make one of our best risottos for dinner that night though. It's going in the highlight reel for sure. Risotto is the go-to dish in our house when we don't know what to make and usually serves to clean out the fridge of any tidbits that need using. Sunday night's was carmelized onions, figs, pecans, and spinach and it was out of this world.

This week is all about getting my ass in gear for SXSW which means vitamin taking, packing, organizing and resting up. I'm afraid my body is going to go into shock when faced with temperatures that high and I was clueless as I stared at my closet. It's almost impossible to put together summer outfits when it's freezing cold outside. It's like a mental block. Anyway, I'm going to try and blog heavily from Austin but do forgive if I fall victim to sleep from time to time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cool you're going to SXSW !