Wednesday, March 19, 2008

these boots are made for tara



Of course being in Texas I had to buy boots. As mentioned in previous posts, we asked around and were told by everyone we should only go to Allen's Boots on South Congress. If it's good enough for Sam Elliot it's good enough for me. Here are the lovely boots I bought for a completely respectable price. Alas, no red ones in my size :(. This picture really doesn't do them justice as the blue stitching is quite a bit more vivid in person. They're lovely and soft and surprisingly, probably the most comfortable footwear I own. Click here and scroll down for a video of me not only mosey-ing in my boots at Allen's but also drawing my imaginary guns and shooting Dennis.
These are the boots I desperately wanted to buy but they were a completely disrespectable price of almost $600. I don't think Marc would have let me in the door if I spent that much on boots that can pretty much only be worn with a cute skirt for the 2 1/2 months of the summer we have here. I still love them though and will pet them every time I'm in Austin from now on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering when you were going to actually show us thee boots...nice work!

La Belette Rouge said...

Oh, you reminded me I have to post my new boots. Love yours and the $600 boots. I will go and pet them for you any time you need me too.