Friday, March 7, 2008

i love it already

M Ward and Zoeey Deschanel teaming up for a record....it's already my new favourite record of 2008 and I've only heard the one song, "Why Do You Let Me Stay Here? " It's just pop loveliness made even lovelier with Zoeey's old-school crooner voice. Their match up is called She and Him and their record Volume One is set to be released March 18th -- my money is already in a little pile by the door.

Even better news is their part in the Merge Records showcase at SXSW! It's anyone's guess if we'll even make it there but you can bet it's going on my list of "hope-to's."

The music devils/guiders of all things too cool for school over at Pitchfork are already saying it's their attempt at de-throning the crossover appeal of Glen Hansard and Markéta Irglová. To which I scoff and tell them to not get their skinny jeans and iPhones in a bunch...

No comments: