Saturday, March 22, 2008

parking etiquette

First, I realize I had the wrong idea to begin with.  I stupidly thought I could zip out to the grocery store on the Saturday before Easter to pick up some flour with little to no hullaballoo.  That, however, is where my responsibility ends.  As I'm walking back to my car I notice that a big obnoxious pick-up truck is parked in the space next to me, actually obscuring the view of my car.  When I round the back of the truck I notice that this giant jerk has pulled into the space at such an angle that the back end of his big stupid truck is actually blocking me into my space.  Wha???  No word of a lie, I actually stopped in my tracks and said "You have got to be kidding me!?!"  Who parks like that?  Especially when the lot is as busy as it is??  Thankfully the guy in the next space showed up and was leaving but I had to do a sideways car shimmy to get out of my space.  This was the closest I have ever been to leaving a "what the F@$%*" note on someone's car.  Bailey came with me to the store and I scolded him for not barking ferociously at the big jerk, scaring him into fixing his assholey parking job.  To the big fat stupid head truck driver, I hope you get a vicious rash.


1 comment:

Dennis said...

I totally would have waited with arms spread out with WTF clearly written on my face.

I was driving back from Rotary Park today on the Kingsway and a giant truck was behind me and so close I think he was in the back seat with Murray. The closer he got the slower I went, which is usually a pretty clear signal to eff off. Not with this guy. He just kept getting closer and closer.

He finally decides to pass me and misses my bumper by inches when he suddenly swerved into the other lane, while speeking up. We were in the same lane as he passed me and it wasn't until he was about two or three car lengths ahead of me that he finally shifted into his lane. I honked the horn and I could see him sort of look around as if he had been sleeping as he got his bearings. Scary!!! He later swerved into on-coming traffic to get from the far lane to the Elm Street turn off.