Friday, March 7, 2008

black like my heart

I'm a lover of dark colours and the darker the better. As a 16 year old girl I painted my bedroom dark maroon and never looked back. When we bought our house the first paint colour we picked was a warm dark brown for our bedroom. There's just something about being surrounded by this colour that I find so soothing. Not to mention the great light it gives off in the morning. Anyway, it's a dangerous love because you could very easily find yourself painting every room in your house dark colours -- kinda like tattoos -- you can't stop at just one. That's the reason I'm so in love with this bathroom over at Apartment Therapy. A bath in this room would be over the moon! The punch of the yellow chair, the white clawfeet on the tub....I could do without the green tile on the floor but I'm still in awe of their committment to the black. Throw some candles in there and talk about a fortress of solitude.....

No comments: