Friday, September 28, 2007

Wine show


So last night we had the extreme pleasure of checking out the LCBO Vintages wine show "Wine 101." Wha? Wine show on a Thursday? Is that allowed? Thankfully yes. We spent the evening eating amazing cheese (Stilton and Port, oh my heart) and drinking our way through some amazing wines. I feel in love with a Californian Pinot Noir, an amazing Sauvignon Blanc and got almost knocked over by a big fat Bordeaux that was too much for me. I sucked back some good ol'Chianti cuz you can just never go wrong and was pleasantly surprised by an amazing organic and an outstanding Australian Shiraz (Woodcutters I think?). All in all, despite making me miss the first part of "The Office" premiere, it was an outstanding night. Marc is an actual aficianado whereas I merely tag along for the ride and say things like "Yummy." Although pal/cousin-in-law Randy did pass along some overheard wine snobbery "Hmmmm, this is extremely well-balanced" which we used frequently throughout the evening. Wine aside, I was also blown away by the amazing footwear sported by pals Jocelyne and Sylvia who hit up MooShoes while in NYC. I now covet Sylvia's adorable Bridget mary-janes that look like this:


And Jocelyne rocked the Solar maryjane with the fancy kalso reverse heel technology that now has me completely fascinated. They looked like this:


Great wine, company AND fun shoes? I almost don't even need the weekend! That said, we still have a weekend o'fun to come with Gommfest 2007 on Saturday thanks to the superb planning of Miss Gomm. Full report to come on Sunday. AND my new J Crew red dress came in the mail today! Everything's coming up Tara!

No comments: