Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Reigning Champion of the week...


Yes so far it absolutely has to be "Run, Fat Boy, Run." British comedy at its finest with some good old dick and fart jokes thrown in for good measure. This screening was only the second time it has screened in North America despite being number 1 at the UK box office this past weekend -- how do you like them apples? Directed by David Schwimmer, this film is by far the best thing he's ever done and probably ever will do. As you can tell, I'm not in the Schwimmer fan club. It's got a bit of a predictable ending which in this case, I'm totally okay with due primarily to Simon Pegg's "aw shucks I'm a nervous British guy down on his luck" routine. The only thing really hiindering this movie is Thandie Newton who is incredibly beautiful and, at the same time, incredibly annoying. Helping this movie besides Simon Pegg's awesomeness, is the impossibly adorable British boy playing his son. He's so cute it made my womb hurt a bit and the little boy British accent didn't help that at all. I wanted to have ten of him all to myself. Also helping this movie is the impeccably put together soundtrack. 95 minutes of fine British humour accompanied by David Bowie, Kaiser Chiefs, Toots & the Maytals, Teenage Fanclub and even some Bing Crosby.

After 2 super downer movies that made me feel like 2 big cups of sad were poured into my heart, it was highly therapeutic to listen to some good old jokes using terms like 'scrotal zone.' That's just plain good comedy

No comments: