Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Rainy Day Music

So today is rainy and cold. This fact was made abundantly clear to me on my walk to work this morning. In order to solidify the rainy day blah feeling that resulted from my walk, I spent the morning listening to the "Rainy Day Music" album by the Jayhawks. I highly recommend it. It's a very appropriately titled record -- sweet harmonies, toe tappers and ballads, fantastic songwriting -- quite perfect.

Tonight all I want to do is wallow in the continued rainyness of the evening. Marc is going out which means I will succumb to the urge to pull the down blanket up to my chin and watch bad tv whilst eating the remainder of the apple crisp we made this weekend. But it's okay. Cuz it's made of apples from our tree in the front yard which means it's organic. Tonight is one of those nights when you feel fine putting your jammies on right after dinner. If only they were feet-pajamas.....

No comments: