Thursday, September 27, 2007

Oh Darling....

So premiere week hobbled along last night in its now expected lame way. Aside from the returning shows, so far almost all of the new shows are more or less terrible. Note I said "almost." I'd seen previews for "Dirty, Sexy, Money" and thought it looked halfway decent if only for Peter Krause who I loved in "Six Feet Under." Well it premiered last night and I gotta say it is by far the best new show of the season that I've seen. It's trashy and cleverly written and pretty darn funny to boot. And it's on ABC -- go figure! It's not unlike watching an episode of "Dynasty" with all it's hair pulling and fist fights and primetime hoochie factor. I hope it's actually a good show and I'm not just blinded by the onslaught of crap the networks keep dishing out. I so wanted "Bionic Woman" to be great cuz all women my age secretly grew up wanting to be Lindsay Wagner but alas, it too was lame. Potential guilty pleasure squashed. I'm quite happy to swap it out for DSM though. Even Marc liked it and from the King of TV Hate-land that's saying something...

No comments: