Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Update...

I'll apologize now for my posting laziness this week. Things are busy and I'm finding it hard to blog whilst still being charming and interesting. To update you on the festival so far: we are 2 parties and 2 films into the thick of it. Opening night party on Saturday and a gala presentation on Sunday. We opted out of the party last night due to crazy traffic and tiredness issues.

Films so far include Shake Hands With the Devil and Lust,Caution. Shake Hands With the Devil is one of those movies that makes you wonder why you don't do more. Not necessarily doing more where global crisis is concerned either. Just more period. Everyone knows General Dallaire was a hero in Rwanda and I can honestly say I don't know how he managed to do it. To live in that kind of mindset and to feel nothing but helpless and alone, I can't say I blame him for his mental state after it all. This is such an important film for people to see for a million reasons.

Lust,Caution is Ang Lee's new film and it's all you'd expect from him. It's breathtaking to watch. Wartime Shanghai never looked so good. It's gorgeous, sad, sexy, dirty and loooooooong. I still recommend it but my butt was disagreeing with me around hour 2.15. Perhaps better suited for sofa watching provided you have a big enough television to do the cinematography justice.

Tonight is Run, Fat Boy, Run -- thank god for a comedy finally. Lord knows following those 2 films I need a good laugh.

No comments: