Saturday, September 15, 2007

It's official...


So last night was a night of take-out and stay-in movies. yay lazy Fridays! Anyway one of the movies we rented was Factory Girl -- the story of Edie Sedgwick and Andy Warhol and that whole Factory scene of the 1960's. I gotta say, I liked it a lot. Fantastic use of lighting and colours and all the recreations of the vignettes from Warhol's movies were brilliantly done. I'm generally not a huge Sienna Miller fan-- she takes her top off way too much and the girl needs to eat something. That being said, she did a fantastic job playing Edie and I am officially fascinated. I don't really know much more than your standard Edie Sedgwick stuff and now I must know it all. She was the first person to be famous for really nothing more than being fabulous and interesting and it seemed to be justified. Take that Hilton sisters! I love the hair, the makeup, the clothes, the giant earrings ,the shirts and leotards, the tragedy of her story, all of it. Consider me now on the hunt for the perfect Edie Sedgwick biography to read.

No comments: