Saturday, September 22, 2007

I love joy-see...

Ok so I have to tell you all about my favourite Cinefest meeting so far. At what is normally a fairly stuffy industry party I was introduced to this producer from New Jersey who was here at the festival with his short film starring Furio from The Sopranos. The rest of the night consisted of me trying not to do spit takes with my wine cuz this guy was so.......freaking.....hilarious. Every second word out of his mouth was a swear and never in my life have I found that so charming. He's got a feature film he wants to shoot up here and in the process of schmoozing him we got the chair of our board invited to hang out with him in New York (or Tampa) to try and get this film made. Talk about your living breathing Sopranos character hanging out in downtown Sudbury. Now, granted this guy was way too old for me and not really the type of older gentleman I would consider to be the "silver fox" type but I was so smitten with him due to his accent alone and his gut-busting foul sense of humour. I fully admit I'm a sucker for an accented gentleman but never would a South Jersey accent be on the list. Maybe it was the gold jewelery or the knit turtleneck. I'm not sure. But god love him, PJ from Jersey was the stand out favourite meeting of the week for me and I sure hope we can convince him to bring his film up here. Below is a re-telling of my favourite PJ conversation of the night. Please keep in mind the following PJ comments are in fact delivered with an ear to ear full mouth smile:

*as he hands me his card he notices that I am not putting in in my pocket or my purse**
PJ: "What the F** are you doing? You're carrying cards around, where's your goddamn purse?"
Tara: 'This is going to sound really girl but I don't have a purse to match this dress so all I brought with me was what I could fit in my coat like my housekeys and some lipgloss."
PJ: "Jeezuz Christ, well maybe tomorrow (*we had a morning session to go to*) you can remember to find a F*** pocketbook to match your F** outfit so you don't have to carry your stuff around like a goddamn homeless person."
Tara: **hand over mouth to prevent aforementioned red wine spit take**

God Bless PJ from Jersey.

No comments: