Sunday, September 16, 2007

Stockpiling...

So as mentioned earlier, Cinfest week is a super busy one. That means little to no time between work and the theatre to make something proper and grown up to eat for dinner. So what ends up happening throughout the week is that you end up grabbing something awful that fits in your purse (like a KitKat bar) or you spend a small fortune on movie theatre food. Not very appealing options. So today I am spending the day making various things to help sustain me thoughout the week so that by the end of it all I might only be tired and not malnourished. On the menu for today: banana flax bread, sweet and sour chicken thighs and rice and spinach lasagna. All things that can either be heated up and eaten in a matter of minutes or fit in my purse for secret consumption during the movie. I also purchased a number of eat and go things to help me steer clear of the KitKat grab, like granola bars and sesame snacks. It's got to be better than living on cocktail party hors d'oeuvres for 7 days.

2 comments:

kaili said...

Excellent work Tara - good luck with your movie-going for work this week!!!

I'm very curious about the role that rice plays in your rice and spinach lasagana - two starches? like gnocchi? or rice noodles? full of wonder over here...

tara said...

poor punctuation on my part actually. The rice goes with the sweet and sour chicken thighs. Although I suppose you could mix it in somewhere -- make it kind of a mexican lasagna somehow...mmmm...