Thursday, March 26, 2009

Hot Bunny Radio Playlist for March 25th

CKLU 96.7 FM
italics denotes a new release
* denotes Canadian talent

CLICK HERE FOR PODCAST

  • The Joliettes -- Safe House -- unreleased EP
  • Andrew Vincent -- Going Out Tonight -- Rotten Pear *
  • Gentleman Reg -- You Can't Get it Back -- Jet Black *
  • Atomic 7 -- Meet me Tonight in the Shadow of Love -- ...en Hillbilly Caliente *
  • Johnny Cash -- Where the Soul of Man Never Dies -- Unearthed IV: My Mother's Hymn Book
  • Sebadoh -- Magnet's Cell -- Bakesale
  • Hayden -- We Don't Mind -- Everything I Long For (vinyl) *
  • Camera Obscura -- Lloyd, I'm Ready to be Heartbroken -- Let's Get Out of This Country
  • Violent Femmes -- I Hate the TV -- Add it Up (1981-1993)
  • Melissa McClelland -- A Girl Can Dream -- Victoria Day *
  • Nick Drake -- Time Has Told Me -- Five Leaves Left
  • Jim Bryson --Feel Much Better -- The North Side Benches (vinyl) *
  • Shotgun & Jimmie -- Waist Deep in the Water -- Still Jimmie *
  • Sarah Blackwood -- My Mistake Baby Boy -- Way Back Home *
  • Joel Plaskett -- Every Time You Leave -- Three *
  • Van Morrison -- Brand New Day -- Moondance
  • PJ Harvey -- Send His Love To Me -- To Bring You My Love
  • Dan Auerbach -- Heartbroken, In Disrepair -- Keep It Hid
  • Shannon Lyon -- Jenny's Song -- Someday Mourning *
  • Social Distortion -- It Coulda Been Me -- Social Distortion
  • Timber Timbre -- We'll Find Out -- Timber Timbre *
  • The Weakerthans -- Utilities -- Reunion Tour *
  • The Damned -- Love Song -- Best of the Damned
  • Leona Naess -- Dues to Pay -- Leona Naess
  • The Gruesomes -- Leave My Kitten Alone -- Gruesomania *
  • Paul Westerberg -- Sunrise Always Listens -- Suicaine Gratification
  • Constantines -- Nighttime/Anytime (It's Alright) - Shine a Light *
  • Apostle of Hustle -- The Wristwatch of the Shepherdess -- Adventures in Advertising *
  • Julie Doiron -- Consolation Prize -- I Can Wonder What You Did With Your Day *
  • Interpol -- Stella Was a Driver and She Was Always Down -- Turn on the Bright Lights
Notes this week:
  • Yay for Joliettes on the radio!!  Imma proud wife..;
  • that Andrew Vincent kicks some songwriter ass;
  • that Hayden song is one of my all-time faves of his.  The whole idea of playing hooky from work with the one you love, calling in from a phonebooth and how that makes him feel- few songs evoke this much feeling for me;
  • Seriously, that Camera Obscura song is 3 1/2 minutes of pop perfection;
  • Jim Bryson on clear yellow vinyl!!  yay!!!!
  • Dear Joel Plaskett:  I hope all this new stuff is good enough to warrant a triple record.  I'm a wary fan willing to have her mind changed;
  • As I said on Facebook earlier today, I don't care what people say, Moondance is still a record that makes me think of things that involve nudity;
  • I know I played PJ Harvey last week but I listened to like 3 albums in a row of hers at work yesterday and had to play more;
  • Who loves this Dan Auerbach record????  Why can't the Black Keys be Prime Minister?
  • Timber Timbre - this record is carving a nice little niche for itself in my heart;
  • Weakerthans -- 2 more sleeps!!!!!
  • The Damned!  Just for ME here's a love song!!

No comments: