Monday, May 11, 2009

weekend round-up

Oh weekend, our relationship just keeps getting stronger and stronger. We are never ever going to break up!

Friday we started some prep for the Mother's Day brunch we're cooking for everyone but I started my night with a chicken-on-a-bun dinner from Deluxe cuz that's what I do when left to my own devices for a Friday night supper. Take that Marco!!

Saturday I was up early and got 2 batches of muffins made, showered and dressed and even watched a Pixies documentary all before 11:30am. I was so productive and domestic I was even annoyed with myself. Moved on to a haircut (and subsequent baby visit with Paula and Beth -- yay for having a hairdresser who cuts your hair while on maternity leave!!) and home again for more food prep. The plan was to prep as much as we can to avoid having to get up ridiculously early on Sunday to get the ball rolling. Saturday night I finally threw in the food prep towel at about 10pm and succumbed to the hilarity that was Justin Timberlake hosting Saturday Night Live. Now, I'm not a huge fan of his music but holy crap, he is crazy funny anytime he's on SNL and I love that he doesn't take himself too seriously. Obviously the highlight was his Digital Short with Andy Samberg carrying on with their "Dick in a Box" bit.


Then Sunday - up early and over to my parents' place to cook brunch for my folks and sister-in-law. We tried some new things and revisited some classics, everything made from scratch, and everything turned out super delicious. Want the menu? TA-DA!!!!!

It was glorious and delicious and I could eat it all over again right this second having just typed all that out......

To recuperate, sat in the bath until after 11pm. That's a true story.

No comments: