Wednesday, May 20, 2009

farm share


Marc and I were able to get in a farm share this year! We tried desperately last year but with only a couple of farms doing it, nobody had any room for us. We acted early and thanks to Spill the Beans farm we've got a half share (since there's only 2 of us) coming to us all summer and most of the fall! I'm super pumped about this for a few reasons. One, I don't really love any of the produce sections in the local grocery stores. I like them fine but.....they're just fine. Two, this will force me to not only eat more vegetables BUT to find more interesting ways to cook them. With baskets of kale on their way, lord knows I best get thinking! Not to mention all the possibilities for jarring and soup making to take us through the winter!! After Marc's stellar tomato-jarring experiment last fall, I can't wait to have fresh stuff all winter long. Thanks to sites like 24 Boxes, who document their weekly share and all kinds of new and exciting ways to make all kinds of vegetables, I feel ready!! I'm going to try and blog about this whole process and post the yummy recipes we end up with.

No comments: